Monday, October 10, 2011

Hipsters suck.

So a few weekends ago I went to this giant music club block party that almost made me like hipsters - under $30 entrance for a day of good acts (including 2 I really wanted to see; all the performers did at least an hour's set), then reasonable event prices (e.g. $2 cups of good coffee, which was nice, since it was getting cold).

After the last act I wanted to see, I went to go get some food from these foodtrucks they had lined up behind the performance area, but it was hard to see where the lines to the separate foodtrucks were, because people were so clustered up.

So, I followed the line back from the foodtruck I wanted to go to, and right where it ended in a crowd, I asked this (early 20s) (white) (hipster) girl who looked nice enough if that was the end of the line.

"I don't know," she was like.

"Oh," I was like. "Are you waiting?"

"Yeah," she was like.

"Oh," I was like, "So how far back does this go?", since it wasn't obvious.

She looked me in the eyes and shrugged. "As far back as it goes."

...I really need to have a good response to hipster bullshit like that... I just said, "Bitch," and walked away. Maybe I should have said "cunt", or, "you know something, you're really a rude cunt"...?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

that's a nice comment to make in public.

el blogador said...

she started it.

el blogador said...

and plus her whole intention during our interaction was to be a bitch to me so she could preserve her cool self-image. if i called her bitch, she'd just smirk at me, so i'd have to up the ante and call her c-nt.

Anonymous said...

That is one of the few words that should never be used in public.

el blogador said...

if it's one of the few that should never be used, that's a reason to use it, because it can really piss someone off.