Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Met some Germans.

So I was out the other Friday and I met some friend's German coworkers and their 2 friends visiting from Bavaria.

I talked with them some, and it turned out that not only were they students, but they were also each firefighters in their "willages" near Ulm.

"Professional or volunteer?", I was like.

"Wolunteer," they were like.

So, I started asking them if they would go into burning houses and save the beautiful German families from the flames (and I spoke slowly and with simple words so they could understand me).

"Oh yes, all the time," they were like, laughing.

"Well," I was like, "What do you do with the Turkish families?"

They seemed confused at first, and then they said that they saved them too.

"Now," I was like, "If there was a dark Turkish child in a burning house, and a beautiful German child next to him, and there was a burning piece of wood falling directly towards them both, and you could only strike it one way or the other and save either the dark Turkish child or the beautiful German child, which one would you save?"

The one laughed, and was like, "The beautiful German child, of course," and he said it like he was in on the joke with me, but his joke didn't have much finesse.

If I was him, I would have said:

- the Turkish child, so no-one would accuse me of racism.

-or-

- the beautiful German child, since I could say I didn't see the dark Turkish child in all the smoke.

Europeans. Henh.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG! Why hasn't someone punched you in the face. and for the record that guy is a prostitute and very dangerous profession. He is not a performer with a stage name.