Friday, July 22, 2011

Missing my old neighborhood.

I esp. miss my old neighborhood now that it's summer.

I don't go to the beach as much in my new neighborhood, because the beaches are all sandy and guarded by lifeguards and you can't swim out past your shoulders, whereas in my old neighborhood you could lay out on the rocks and slip into the water and be quickly swimming out over your head.

I also miss sitting out by the (French) bakery with the Sunday New York Times, a croissant, and a cup of strong (French roast) coffee.

I also also miss buying pastries from the schismatic nuns.

I was down there last weekend and did those few things (I even bought *two* pastries from the nuns, to save up as snacks). I need to make more summer daytrips down there because I like it so much.

No comments: