Wednesday, July 20, 2011

B*tch*ed out a hipster before 8am.

So the morning I was going to Milwaukee, I biked early to the train station, leaving enough time to get public transportation there on the off-chance that something would happen to my bike.

As it happened, when starting up pedalling at an intersection, my chain got all whack and off the gears, so I pulled over to put it back on, when this helpful hipster person who I guess had been biking behind me stops to help me.

"Need some help, bud?", he was like, helpfully, but also knowingly, like he knew all about bikes.

I said yes, and he was like, "Sure, I'll help," and he turns over his bike on its seat to stand it up while he helps me, and then he takes my bike and flips it over (!), which makes the chain come off much much worse, so I had no idea how to fix it.

After like 3-4 minutes, he was like, "I can't fix this now."

So, I was like, "So what's the problem? Can you try a bit more?", and after he did some more stuff and was getting frustrated, I was like, "I have one question, did you fuck it up worse than it was?".

At that, he was like, "Whoa, buddy, calm down," but that made him fiddle with it more, and get the chain back on.

He left without saying goodbye, really... I think his stopping to help me wasn't altruistic per se, but more of an ego boost to him, since he probably thought of himself as an authority on bikes.

No comments: