Saturday, July 30, 2011

I feel so poor (relatively).

I have shitty phone service, but anything more would be $15 more per month (which would add up to be a huge piece of my discretionary income, yearly).

I have no net at home, though if I had a newer laptop (minimum price $700, for a kind worth having), I might be able to pick up my neighbor's signal and not have to pay for internet.

Otherwise, it'd be minimum another $35 per month, given the net providers in my neighborhood.

Also, because of my health plan and the way the college clinic is set up, I'd have to pay $230 to access the clinic over the summer. So, when I had a sinus infection, I went to a clinic in a local pharmacy again, for a $70 appt. Because the clinic was in-network, there were no fees for going out of network, but because I had no referral from my primary care physician - which I'd have to pay $230 and set up an appt. to get! - my insurace company paid $55 of that $70, then charged me a $50 no-referral fee.

No comments: