Sunday, July 31, 2011

Soul Train anniversary special dance.

The other week I went downtown for that free Soul Train anniversary special dance outside in the park.

The place was packed, including by many (older) (black) folk getting their groove on, one of whom even showed up in a big fro, a pastel bell bottom outfit, and a leather vest with long fringes with beads here and there on them.

When I was out on the floor mingling during the lesson part and they were teaching us the Bump, this (40-ish) (black) woman comes up to me, and is like, "You gonna bump?", then we partnered up.

The Bump was a lot harder than it looks, and she kept laughing (in a nice way) at how ridiculously bad I was at it.

I was better at the Push-and-Pull, though, and the Rock, though she kept telling me I had to rock my cradle more.

No comments: