Wednesday, June 29, 2011

..memories of a bar I like in retrospect...

From my never-ending bar crawl, from a while ago -

When I'm out with a friend, we pass by this foreboding jail-themed leather daddy bar, and I suggest we pop in.

The inside is painted black and dark red, and is full of hairy aging men with AIDS and dressed up in leather and police caps. But because the bar is trying to diversify its clientele, it's also full of sleek clean-shaven mid- to late-30s glossy white gay men in polo shirts, eating from the free bowls of off-brand Chex Mix on the bar, and drinking these $3 well drink specials made with horrendously cheap spirits.

And, the entire place smells like vomit, only everyone is acting like they don't notice.

I never want to go back, but I really like the place in retrospect.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"full of hairy aging men with AIDS" - that is quite the comment.