Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Michigan politics.

My dad is a totally dyed-in-the-wool Democrat now. He can't understand the gov's wanting to cut taxes for the rich and increase them for people "who can't afford to give".

"And they're the ones who would spend money on necessities if they had more, so he's killing the economy by giving the money to rich people who just horde it," he was like.

My uncle, too, who is economically populist but tends to be disenchanted with both parties, was also very concerned about the gov.

"I need to look into this more," he was like, "But I can't find any reasons for their actions besides being dictatorial. The unions aren't the problem, and they said they'd make concessions, but he still wants to do away with them."

Both said they'd sign a recall, though my dad didn't think it'd succeed.

"But I'd sign it just so the thing got signatures and made him nervous," my dad was like. "It's good to shake things up."

He, by the way, especially *loved* the picture of me protesting at the Wisconsin rally, and said that it reminded him of a 1930s portrait.

No comments: