Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Thanksgiving return journey of a friend.

My one lawyer friend from Missouri went home by bus for Thanksgiving, and the trip down on Wed. was good, but on Mon. she had some different sort of folks on the bus.

One was a woman who had this helmet on the entire time for no apparent reason (maybe recent brain surgery?).

Then there was a (black) guy who was calling his girlfriend, and he was like, "Yeah, I'm coming back, I dropped out of school just to come see you... No, that was a joke, though I did escape from prison... You have a good meal on Thursday, baby? You still nice and thick for me?"

Then then, there was this (white?) girl in the seat ahead of her who kept picking chunks of skin and dandruff out of her hair, and sometimes rubbing the chunks against the sleeve of her coat real hard to see if they smeared, but mostly just eating them...

My lawyer friend kept hitting the back of her seat to make her stop, but then the girl turned around and nicely was like, "Oh, I'm sorry, is my seat too far back, do you want me to scooch it up?", and my friend said she really wanted to tell her to stop picking and eating her dandruff, but she was like, "No, you're fine, I was just adjusting my legs", but a few minutes later she couldn't take the hair-picking anymore and so got up and found another seat.

Also, she said that when she ride to work from her house, she always passes that Pakistani cafe that the cabdrivers go to, and has always wanted to stop through and was thinking once of asking me to go, but it had slipped her mind... So, we might go sometime, and she'll bring a headscarf.

No comments: