Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Working with abused women.

My one friend from high school is doing her doctorate in social psychology and her dissertation involves interviews with battered women.

"Is it quantative?", I was like. "Do you go around and measure their bruises?".

Days later, when I told my mom that my friend from high school was volunteering at a battered women's shelter, she was like, "Oh, what does she do, wipe the blood off their faces?"

Then, she was like, "Don't tell [my friend] I said that."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, mother daughter gross insensitivity!

You should both be ashamed!!

JUSIPER said...

Mothers and daughters share deep bonds.

Anonymous said...

speechless

el blogador said...

I was actually shocked by the insensitivity of the comment as well.

Then, my mom tried to defend it.