Saturday, August 14, 2010

Back to (black) (II of II): Another (black) woman story.

A few days later, after being by the beach (the new beach by my place is very Mexican; a lot of Mexican families, and little trucks selling tacos and paletas), I packed up to go, and went to go take a piss at the public restroom before biking back to my place, but there was a (black) cleaning woman with the park service standing outside, and I had to ask her if was okay to go in, and she to go in before she cleaned, so I did, and then when I came out again, she had just let someone else go into the men's room, so I started chit-chatting to her a bit, somehow.

"That restroom is so filthy there isn't anything we can do to clean it," she was like. "I tell them that we got to get ammonia and just pour it on the concrete and let it marinate over night and then drain it out, maybe then the piss smell will go away, but they don't, and who knows if it would then."

Then I said something about this coney island restaurant across from the bar that my parents used to own back in my hometown where when it was really busy after the bars let out, every great once in a while someone would notify them that they'd need to clean the restroom, and they'd go in, and someone had purposefully taken a shit on the floor right next to the toilet.

"Oh," she was like, "I've seen that," and she started telling me about this public restroom up the beach where just yesterday someone had shit all over the floor, but not only that, but also had taken a shoe and there were shoe prints of shit all over the wall.

"Now why would someone do that?", she was like. "My manager asked me if they stepped in the shit or what, and I said I didn't know, for all I know they could have taken a shoe, dipped it in the shit, and then thrown it against the wall, because I really do not know how they did that, and maybe they did it that way."

Then I mentioned about this one homeless person at a coffee shop I used to go to where the counterpeople would have to keep an eye out for them, since everytime they'd come in, they'd take a shit and smear it all over the walls.

At that, she politely said that all the homeless people she knows take good care of the restroom, and that day she had interrupted someone washing up in a public beach restroom, but she said to finish up, she's never seen a restroom dirtier after one's left, and usually they're cleaner.

No comments: