Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Addendum...

Forgot -

I had gone to this one dive bar near where I was living in Milwaukee, and it was racially-mixed, and this one older (black) guy and I started talking about baseball or something because of the highlights on tv, and I thought to myself that at last I had found a (black) person who I had the same sort of rapport with as I had had in Chicago.

Then, he and the bartender started talking and it turns out that he's from Chicago, and he's saying that people always ask him if he roots for the Sox or the Cubs, and he's like, "I say, 'Both,' because I'm from Chicago, and they're from Chicago, and if the Sox is up, I root for them, and if they fuck it up and the Cubs is doing good, I root for them, and I always end up rooting for Chicago."

No comments: