Monday, May 31, 2010

Census people!

Every once in a while the census ended up calling me for a job, but it was always at times where I couldn't take the call, and by the time I called them back a few hours later, the job had been given to someone else.

The other day I was at a local bookstore coffee shop and there were like 2 census people (one younger [black] woman, one older [white] guy) waiting after a long day's work for their supervisor (a very young [white] guy with a beard) to show up, and I realized I could have been one of them.

The very young white guy with the beard was making small talk with the one older white guy while they filled out routine forms, and he was saying that he had to be up at 5am to help unload produce downtown as a volunteer thing for organic farmers.

No comments: