Friday, February 26, 2010

Saw Avatar in 3D at the IMAX.

So, last weekend I saw Avatar in 3D at the IMAX with my one hippie friend from Michigan. She had already seen it once (small screen, non-3D), and wanted to see it again.

Overall, it was exactly what everyone said it was -- much, much better than I thought. I left in a happy daze, and was so glad I went. I didn't even find the script cliched like everyone said it was!

Though, I did have a run-in at the theater. During the first, quiet scenes, these 3 (white) people - 1 guy, 2 women - were talking to each other full-voice about the movie.

"Wow, would you look at that?", the woman said to the guy next to her.

After this happened like a second time, I turned around, but they didn't even noticed I had turned around - the seats are really on a huge incline so I tapped the guys leg and was like, "Hey, could you guys please not talk, I can hear you and I want to watch the movie."

At that, the woman whispered to the guy, "What did he say?", and then the guy leaned down, stared at me (he had those stupid 3D glasses on!), and there was tons of alcohol on his breath.

I ignored him and watched the movie, and then he got bored with it, but for the first third of the movie, every time there was a slow part, he'd gently kick the back of my seat (I think).

I was thinking of going to get an usher, but I didn't, and he got bored and stopped.

Also, I thought through what I would do at the end if he got confrontational - he didn't; and I didn't even look back, I just talked with my friend while everyone was filing out - and finally I had decided on saying -

"Dude, that whole movie had one lesson - don't be an asshole. So, please, don't be an asshole."

No comments: