Friday, February 5, 2010

Cleaning house.

I started cleaning house the other day, and I finally got around to clearing out all the plastic bottles and egg cartons I had thrown in this cabinet in hopes of one day gathering them all and finding someplace to recycle them (I have a ton of cabinet space in the kitchen, so I just use this big tall cabinet for that).

Anyhow, when I gathered up the egg cartons - I had already stacked most of them in the cabinet, there wasn't room to leave them un-nestled - I had like three piles about two-and-a-half feet high, and as I looked at them, I started getting kind of sick, thinking about all the eggs I'd eaten in the past few years... It was kind of like when Oprah brings out the wheelbarrow of chicken fat to show how much weight you lost, to be suddenly confronted like that.

Sometimes, when I look up at my coffee can collection, which is displayed in my kitchen, I get sick to my stomach too, thinking about how much coffee and caffeine has gone through my system, when I look at all 70+ cans at once.

No comments: