Thursday, December 31, 2009

New Years plans.

I'm stoked for New Year's Eve. I usually hate it since I dislike all holidays and special occasions, and in addition to that because I usually have no plans, but this year is great...

The other day when I stopped through the African goods store where I used to buy Obama buttons during the campaign to say hi to the owner ("Sister Rose", this short little lady who wears earthtoned burlap-looking robes with designs in black on them, and a big frumpy hat kind of like the mad hatters, and who is originally from Tanzania and speaks with an accent, which is esp. noticeable because she turns her /r/s into /w/s), she invited me to her end-of-the-year thank-you party for her customers and friends, which will have free African food and drinks and dancing.

"Pwecious," she was like - she always calls me 'Pwecious' -- "Get weady to meet the Afwicans."

3 comments:

JUSIPER said...

Since when do you hate special days and celebrations?

el blogador said...

I always have, all my life.

Anonymous said...

¡Feliz Año Nuevo! L