Monday, October 20, 2008

Two late nights.

So, I got way too hammered at this wedding reception I went to on Saturday, and after eating out with people after the bar closed, I went back to the hotel, and as I was drinking a glass of water in the bathroom in my room, I realized it wasn't cold enough and I wanted ice, so I went out in the hallway to put ice in my drink, but when I was standing in front of the ice machine I realized I had left my glass in my room, so I just started holding my hand out and pressing the ice button and eating chunks of ice with my bare hand as they came out of the machine, and that's my last memory besides getting in to bed and seeing 4:06 on the electric clock face in the hotel room.

As I was telling this to my one friend the older black lady in her 60s who works the main library security desk on Sundays yesterday when she was working, she was like, "I hope you had your clothes on."

She also said that she had been up till five that Saturday at a party at a friend's house, and she was so tired since then she had to get up at eight to give a couple haircuts (she cuts hair out of her house to make extra money) and then sing at church and then come to work where I was talking to her.

No comments: