Friday, October 24, 2008

Silverfish / 2 black ladies / Puerto Rican neighborhood.

I haven't cleaned my apartment since the beginning of July, so I have some huge spiderwebs in the corners. Yesterday night I noticed a huge silverfish had gotten caughten in one behind one of my chairs, and had all its legs clinched up close to its body. It looked dead.

Last night when I was downtown I popped into a Walgreen's to buy a pack of gum so I could get some cashback - I had forgotten to go to the ATM earlier - and when I handed the black cashier lady the pack of gunm, she also reached out to grab the library book in my hand, which still had its paper cover on and the barcode was showing on the back.

"No," I was like, "That's from the library!"

"Oh," she was like," and when I asked her if she wanted to try it anyways to see if it would work, she was like, "Yeah!"

The barcode didn't scan, however, though she said once someone had come in from a giftshop a few doors down with a purse with a toy chihuahua in it, kind of a Paris Hilton sort of thing, and had set it down on the counter when they got out their wallet, and the barcode on that had scanned, only the drugstore's barcode databank said it was a magazine or something like that.

On another note, the other day when I went to a local play, I was standing in line waiting for the doors to open, and I asked just to be nice this fattish middle-aged black lady standing next to me how she was doing, and she was like, "Okay," and when I was like, "Why only okay?", she was like, "Well, I'll be better when everything is over," so I asked her what she meant, like the election or the economy or what, and she was like, "Yeah, all that shit," and just shook her head a bit.

On yet another note, my one Dutch friend is away teaching for a couple months, and I have the keys to his house to take care of his cat, Moishe. He lives in the Puerto Rican neighborhood, and I might go try living up there a few days to see what its like. Me and our one mutual German friend hung out with him while he was packing up last night, and he said that would be cool, it's good to have people in and out of the place.

Our one mutual German friend is already planning to bring her Swedish guy there when he's in town so she can fuck him in every room of the house, though she says it's because her apartment is small and either he or she will end up staying there a few days if they start to drive each other crazy.

Yesterday night, walking through the neighborhood, I passed by a liquor store with a scrawled hand-made sign in the window:


PLEASE NO "N WORD'" HERE
(even joking)

I also passed by a lot of murals that incorporated Puerto Rican flags into them.

1 comment:

JUSIPER said...

Make sure to visit the apartment before the Swedish guy comes.