Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Cabbage / Tina / Madonna.

So, the other day I was having lunch with the Mormon guy from my department, and he noticed that as part of my lunch I had a small cabbage salad. He said that some Greek or Roman naturalist (forgot who) said that cabbage was the food that heals all, and advised for wounds to eat a lot of cabbage and then piss on them.

Today I was looking up Tina Turner tickets for the arena concert here when this one grad student from anthro passed by.

"Hey Joe," I was like, gesturing to the picture of her on the computer screen, "Want to go see Tina Turner? This is her first tour in eight years since her Farewell Tour, look at her, you know she's gonna be good, she's a living legend."

"And a living sculpture," he was like, and then politely declined.

On another note, the cool-as-all-hell second career doctoral student who used to be into Moroccan dance in the late 70s is going with me to the Madonna concert coming up, if there are still tickets available.

1 comment:

JUSIPER said...

There are floor seats available here in the front 20 rows. No one can afford her concerts anymore.