Thursday, September 18, 2008

Tidbits.

My mom was saying that back when she was pregnant with my older brother, her and my grandmother were walking around the Southland mall when this impaired person passed by, and my grandmother took her head and was like, "Don't look, don't look!", and when my mom asked why, my grandmother said it was because she'd make her baby retarded.

My mom also said that back when she used to be a stewardess, the worst airline customers overall were New York Jews on the New York-Detroit flight, since you had to do dinner and cocktails in an hour-and-a-half, and after having to go through all the pain of getting the kosher meals from the caterers after the New York Jews had made a big fuss about having to have kosher food, a lot of them'd usually look at the non-kosher chicken or fish dishes the people beside or ahead of them were getting and and think it looked good so they'd lie and say they'd ordered that and get that instead, so you'd have all these leftover kosher dishes that no one wanted when you got to the customers at the back of the plane.

Also, my mom and dad were recently at a wedding reception for the daughter of our neighbors around the lake, and while they were sitting outside on a picnic table eating, the parents of a girl I went to high school with walked up the driveway holding hands, and when my dad looked up from his food he saw that and was like, "What the fuck...?", and when my mom looked and laughed too, my dad was like, "That's jacked." When they left, my dad took my mom's hand, just to be a dick.

On another note, Woody Allen's new movie "Vicky Cristina Barcelona" is like the best Woody Allen movie I've seen in years, and isn't just an overwrought piece of shit about rich New York couples having empty marriages and affairs. I laughed a lot, and even thought Scarlett Johansson was good.

On another note still, I recently learned that French Canadians use a lot of religious swear words, and not just "Jesus" or "Mary" either, but things like "tabernacle!" and "sacarament!", so when French people hear this, they're like, "'tabernacle'?, what the fuck."

As my one friend says, "tabernacle" sounds like a candy or something, as in, "I remember my grandmother used to make the best tabernacle. Chipped a tooth on it once, even!"

2 comments:

JUSIPER said...

I have heard the same thing about this Woody Allen movie.

Anonymous said...

I have heard very similar catering stories.