Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Catholics...

So I've been reading this fantastic book "Catholicism and American Freedom" this past week, and it's made me realize how much I would have hated the pre-Vatican II church. It shows how much the church changed as a result of Vatican II that I can't imagine being in an authoritarian church where freedom of conscience isn't really a given.

On another note, I called a friend in Vermont and found out that he's going to be going to New Hampshire soon to campaign for Obama, and I called the Obama campaign office in a town an hour away from my hometown and discovered that my hometown is having an office open up tomorrow, with phonebanking starting at 7pm, even though it's a town of 6,000 in a county of 20,000! Like my mom said, Obama's got his shit together, and he had his shit together to beat Clinton in the primary, so you know he's going to have his shit together as president.

1 comment:

JUSIPER said...

JP II destroyed the Church.