Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Disappointment // Bobos.

I'm very disappointed. For some reason I didn't think results from South Dakota and Montana would come in until hugely late, and that for some reason Obama wouldn't clinch enough delegates last night to take the nomination, and since I was still tired from staying out past midnight on Monday night to watch the Red Wings in the game that could have clinched them the Stanley Cup (though it didn't, they lost in triple overtime to the Penguins), I didn't head out to the local bar last night to watch primary results. How the heck did I watch primary results all frickin' year and somehow be out of the loop so much that I missed out on last night? Sigh.

On another note, after being up in a hipster area last weekend, I've decided that I'm not opposed to hipsters so much per se, but rather bobos. I hated the word "bobo" (=bourgeious bohemian) when it started circulating like 5-6 years ago, but I realize now that it really captures the yuppieness of 30-something and late 20-something hipster culture, where people have condos and tech jobs and big salaries, but dress and act like disaffected hip people... I think the reason I didn't like the term so much at first is that I didn't realize how much it captured, especially if you say it like, "Fucking bobos."

No comments: