Sunday, May 11, 2008

More on canvassing - two more stories I forgot.

Those four older black women I was talking with - the ones who were talking about the Clintons showing their true colors, and who were like, "Hello" -- started talking about how Obama's campaign was ordained by God and nothing could stop it.

Also, one of the four black women, when she was asking me and my neighbor who I went canvassing with about where our building was back in the neighborhood she was born in, made a face when we said it was on the block with all the Thai restaurants.

"Thai food," she was like, "Ugh," and when we asked her for more details, all she would say is that she's tried all sorts of different food because she's in real estate and she goes to dinner at different restaurants because of clients, but she likes nothing more than some meat and mac and cheese and some greens.

"How about sushi?", I was like, and she made a face, and when I asked her about Vietnamese soups, she made a face, and then finally, after mentioning several more foods, I was like, "Well, it's still all better than that one Spanish dish, creadillas."

"Quesadillas?", she was like, "I've had those!"

"No no no," I was like, "Creadillas, they're roasted cow's testicles, not quesadillas," and when I said that, she made the biggest face of all.