Wednesday, May 14, 2008

The first silverfish of summer...

...skittered out two nights ago from the wainscotting across the hardwood floor and onto my natural-fiber IKEA rug while I was doing yoga the other day, and I had to pause from yoga to pick up my black-cloth-and-natural-fiber house-slipper and whack it.

Last night I had a dream that I did cocaine with my advisor in this cluttered attic, and we stayed up till 5am talking fast, after which I left and started walking home when it was already getting light out. After she offered me half a line and I did it, she right after me did so many lines at once, too, that I was simply appalled -- it wasn't even lines, but more like three tablespoons or s oof scattered heaps that she hadn't even divided up into lines, she dumped the coke out so quick and wanted it up her nose so fast -- and I kept thinking to myself while she snorted up a few tablespoons of coke off this faded green plastic square-shaped thick little tray, "Do I even know this woman at all?"

When I woke up, I was singing

all your love is gone
so sing a lonely song

to the organ and guitar backup in my head from the Doors "Love Her Madly", only, I slightly misremembered the words, so I was singing

all the love is gone
so sing a lonely song

No comments: