Thursday, May 15, 2008

Got some shots yesterday.

So, yesterday I went to the student health center to get immunizations, and after the black nurse who was around my age stuck two in my left upper arm, she went to do the third and last in my right upper arm, and when she pulled the needle out, I felt shit dripping down onto my arm, only when I looked down, it wasn't serum from the needle like she hadn't put all of it in me and the syringe kept pouring it out as she withdrew it, but instead it was blood, and as I looked, the blood honestly shot out like an inch from my arm, the pressure was so great for some reason, and it spilled down my arm and onto my forearm, and five drops even got on my jeans before she could think and reach for the swabs and alcohol to mop it all up.

"I'm so sorry," she was like, "I must have hit something."

"Oh," I was like, "It's no biggie, I'm actually glad it's blood - those shots are frickin' expensive, I paid $88 for that one, so I'm going to be like, 'Mop that shit up and put it back in my arm, that's at least $20 of shit right there, and if you make me pay for whole 'nother one, I'm going to be -pissed-.'"

She started laughing, too - which I was glad of; it had been a long day for her -- and she was like, "You so funny," and then she added, "And if it had been the shot, I wouldn't have made you pay for another one, that one would have been on me."

2 comments:

JUSIPER said...

You would have said anything to charm her.

el blogador said...

I saw her again this morning. Our rapport has not lasted, oddly, and saddly.