Monday, December 17, 2007

Talking about shit.

I find it really interesting that my circle of friends from high school, all of whom have gone on to get at least a master's degree, are fascinated by their shit.

For example, last Christmas when me and my friend who is doing environmental urban design got together for margaritas, the first ten minutes of our conversation was shit jokes, about our personal shit.

For another example, when I went to belly-dancing lessons this past Friday in Kalamazoo, my one friend from high school took me to her friend's house for pizza beforehand, and she went in to the bathroom to shit and when she came out, she was like, "Don't go in there, that shit was stinky," and since I misheard her, I was was like, "Come on, do we really have to know that your shit is sticky? What have you been eating anyways?" She then was like, "I said 'stinky', but it was that, too. I kept wiping and wiping and it wouldn't be done. It was like I had a brown crayon sticking out of my ass and I kept just wiping the tip of it off with the toilet paper."

She also told me later about how a couple weeks ago when she got mild diarrhea (sp.?) after a night of micro-brewery drinking, she took like four or five shits in the morning, and never turned around to look at the toilet, since she never does since she's a woman and has to squat to piss. When her husband came home, he came out to the living room mildly storming (he's a very calm person) and was like, "Why the fuck does our toilet look like a Denny's restroom?" When my friend went back in to look, she saw that she had sprayed watery shit halfway back up above the waterline of the toilet, only she had done that like three hours ago and it was all dried now. She said she went in and doubled up toilet paper and tried to pick it off through the toilet paper with her fingernails, which she said was the nastiest shit ever.

On another note, when I saw her brother and her three year-old nephew this past weekend, her little nephew asked his dad to take him to the toilet, and then when he was walking there put his hands on the back of his pants and made a pushing-in type motion -- he had an accident, it turns out, and like my friend's brother was saying, "He was trying to shove the head back in the turtle".

No comments: