Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Blurting.

My mom was saying that this one lady at her work who has a couple kids in college was talking a couple months ago to her and another lady about her dog and how sick it had been and how she and her husband were going to get surgery for it but it was going to be $1500, and my mom said she was shocked, and before she knew what she was saying, she was like, "Euthanize it."

The lady was kind of shocked herself, and was like, "He's a member of the family."

My mom shrugged, then, I guess, and was like, "Yeah, but fifteen hundred dollars is a lot of money."

The lady then kind of huffed and was like, "Well, you don't have a dog, so you don't understand."

"No," my mom was like, "But it's still a lot of money."

My mom still says that was an appropriate response, and she says the dog didn't even last half a year after the surgery. She was like, "The dog was going to croak, so why not croak it sooner?"