Monday, December 3, 2007

Artemis, the Sequel - Fruit Swap.

Yesterday I saw Artemis at the gym, working the swipe-out desk alone, so I said hi to her -- she smiled when she saw me, so I can't have offended her that much, I presume-- and then she asked me how I was doing, and when I said busy, she said that that was the general state of everyone nowadays, it being finals period, and at that point I segued into apologizing, and was like, "By the way, I'm sorry if I got a little offensive talking about Artemis of the Ephesus the other day, and bull testicles and stuff." She said she didn't mind at all, and then I asked her what she was studying -- she had a book out on the work desk that she was really reading through -- and she was like, "AP European History."

On another note, yesterday night I was talking with my one black friend in her 70s who works sometimes the guard desk at the main library on campus, and she ended up trading me her apple she had for the grapefruit I had brought along as a snack, since she felt more like a grapefruit than the apple she had brought with her when she packed up to go to work that day. I offered her the banana I had as well, and she was like, "No thanks, I don't put anything in my mouth you got to peel the skin back on," and laughed uproariously.

1 comment:

el blogador said...

When I was like to Artemis, "You're in high school!?!??!", she was like, "Yes," and I apologized all the more for being obscene with her, and with that she just smiled all the more and was like, "If I was a year older, it wouldn't matter, so why should it matter now?"