Monday, September 24, 2007

Saw the documentary "Helvetica" on Friday.

On Friday I saw the novel "Helvetica", about the Helvetica font and the typographers who love it. Two interesting observations came out of the graphic designers who were the talking heads who peopled the movie:

1) They can't watch historical movies since the fonts are always all wrong.

2) One thinks that MySpace is a good thing, because it allows people to develop their design sense and shows a surprising amount of design sophistication among the public at large.

3 comments:

Sini said...

Helvetica is way overrated.

el blogador said...

I disagree. I like it a lot. I've been picking it out everywhere now after seeing the movie.

JUSIPER said...

I don't know.. There are other fonts I like more. But I remember when I was working on my school newspaper I liked it a lot.