Thursday, September 27, 2007

A big-ass silverfish in the Danish Haven.

Yesterday when I came home in the evening I tapped my light on but nothing was scurrying, and I tapped the lamp's base but nothing scurried out, and I dragged the toe of my house-sandal along the cracks in the wainscotting, but again nothing scurried out.

After I got ready for bed, though, and came out and tapped my light on again, I saw a 2.5-inch silverfish just sitting on top of the wainscotting behind the lamp. It wasn't going anywhere, so I squished it, and then wiped it off my house-sandal with toilet paper, which I then put in the toilet, where it surprisingly sunk, unlike snot-filled or shit-filled tissues. Are silverfish that heavy?

2 comments:

JUSIPER said...

god, that is nasty.

el blogador said...

I know. I saw one a little bigger than that like three months ago when I had just layed down to sleep... I saw it moving across the floor out of the corner of my eye, and I didn't have time to kill it. My apartment is really clean and they debug the building all the time, so it must be something with the wainscotting. I have to figure this shit out.