Sunday, May 12, 2024

Developments at "The Meat Lab."

The other week I hauled ass over to "The Meat Lab" to stock up for summer on sausage since I was running low, and I wanted to get some to freeze before they close for the summer.

And, I get there, and their one cooler of sausage is just empty except for some snack sticks, and the other small freezer just has a few packages of bratwurst and spicy cajun sausage and polish sausage in it, and it's just not the same tall wall of full-window fridges full of like sixteen-to-twenty different sausages in dark royal blue plastic trays that I remember, it's like a total and abrupt end to my sausage heaven.

So, I ask what's up, and the one (young) (white) (white-aproned) (undergraduate) guy tells me that first off they're restocking soon and they're not closing for the summer this year, and then that they had like  absolute freezers full, but no-one was buying any and they had to get rid of like eighty pounds like two weeks ago, and so they're going to revamp and cut down on what they offer and only make like their handful of standards and like four others, especially stuff with cheese in it like cheese bratwursts, since that sells.

"That's a shame," I was like, to which he added that they get rid of stuff by the "sell by" date and it's actually good for another 7-10 days after that, and one of the guys in back is in a frat and he got all of it and brought it back for his brothers, and he does that a lot, with stuff that doesn't sell, so, it wasn't wasted.

"That's good," I was like.

He also said that emails haven't been going out since their new manager got injured on the job with a concussion and had to step back from her duties.

No comments: