Sunday, May 5, 2024

Addendum.

I forgot --

When I was talking to my one (longer haired) and (less jumpy) front neighbor about employment stuff, too, I mentioned the pessimism on undergraduate career prospects, from some local guy who teaches at the local business school.

"Fuck those people," he was like, automatically, without even listening to what I was saying.

So, I let that pass by, and I explained what I was saying, again, that even the business school didn't seem to be a good return, and the people who taught there recognized it.

Then, he seemed to realize he was reacting to something else, and mumbled something about how he thought I was talking about computer sci people, and though he didn't quite say it, you could tell he just took glee that even the computer sci people were running into trouble with employment, more.

No comments: