Tuesday, January 17, 2023

Restaurant advice.

During the week before school opened back up, a couple of the (Thai) restaurant's owners' kids helped cover a few shifts at the restaurant.

The one was in high school, but the other one was in eighth grade, and she was wearing a pink t-shirt with hypercute (Japanese) cartoons on it, and she was ringing up customers's bills and everything.

"When you do that, you should apologize to customers for being slow and say that you don't usually do this, but you're in the restaurant to help your mom and dad out," I was like. "That way, you'll get better tips."

"Really?!", she was like.

"Yeah," I was like, and I told her that I made sure to tell people that I was new the first few months I was working, and sometimes people would leave a nice tip because they wanted to be nice to the new person.

"It's kind of the same thing, only you can do that because you're young," I was like.

No comments: