Wednesday, November 2, 2022

Strategizing with my health, and with my pocketbook.

For work I've decided to get take-out (Thai) food pretty much every time I work, which is three or four times a week, styrofoam take-out trays be damned (I'll recycle them, and at some point I'll donate to have trees planted to compensate for that addition to my carbon footprint; for right now I'm avoiding stir-fries, since they come in these elaborate black-and-clear hard plastic take-out containers that you just look at and you know that they take up an ungodly amount of energy and petroleum to make).

But, I do worry about the healthiness of it all, so I've started avoiding beef (and instead going for chicken, pork, or tofu, and preferably soft tofu, not fried), and I always mark "less sauce" and "less oil" now on my little slip when I send it back to the kitchen, to cut down on the fat and the calories on my end.

I guess we'll see how this turns out in like a year at my next physical, when they run my cholesterol again.

I've also noticed that on days when I eat take-out (Thai) food, I have my breakfast, and then coffee and Diet Coke at work, and then the (Thai) food afterwards is like a big lump in my stomach, and I don't really feel like eating for the rest of the day, expect maybe something small at night.

I think I'll have to make sure that that something small is vegetables with a lot of vitamins, or sugar-free jello.

I really have no idea how this is going to turn out, health-wise.

No comments: