Monday, October 31, 2022

The (Young) (Thai) Married Couple (1 of 2): Husband's backstory.

So, with the (young) (Thai) married couple at the (Thai) restaurant where I now work, the wife had a stomach ache the other day and called in, so her husband came in and worked her lunch shift for her.

(The next day, she told me that she gets stomach aches a lot when it's her period.)

Anyhow, I chit-chatted some with her husband during the slow parts of the lunch shift, and it turns out that he had to make sure he left at 2pm, because he had an engineering class that he had to get to.

"What's the subject of the class?", I was like.

"Clay," he was like.

And, he explained that his specialty within engineering has to do with evaluating soil for building sites etc.

"How did you become interested in soil engineering?", I was like.

And, he said that when he was a little kid, he always liked looking at building sites for houses and skyscrapers, but also when he was a teenager, he saw this movie about a prison break and the main guy was a civil engineer.

"And he dug a tunnel?", I was like.

"Yeah," he was like.

No comments: