Monday, November 21, 2022

My Halloween.

So, for Halloween this year, I sat out on the front porch with the one (hippie) (vaguely hispanic) (undergrad) girl who moved in upstairs, since it's her favorite holiday and she wanted to give out candy to any trick-or-treaters who came around during the designated hours for trick-or-treating that the town had designated for everyone.

She had told me this when I was sitting on the front porch that afternoon reading, and her and her one (skinny) (slightly odd) (Latino) roommate were clearing crap off the porch to make it more presentable for Halloween.

"And I'm going to put on a cowboy hat," he was like.

And, I glared at him.

"My culture is not your costume," I was like.

And, he seemed disconcerted and didn't know what to say.

Later that night, it was very rainy for the first part of the night, so very few trick-or-treaters came, though eventually the rain let up and some did.

Like, there was this (Asian-American) mom with a (cute) (young) son dressed up as Harry Potter who came by.

And, as soon as they left, I was like, "We shouldn't have given him candy until he denounced J.K. Rowling."

And, they seemed disconcerted and they didn't know what to say.

Later, too, the one (hippie) girl was saying that she has one grandfather that the family never talks about, who her grandmother found crossdressing after so many years of marriage and they kicked him out, and plus he did drugs and lost a leg, too.

"What happened?", I was like. "Was he wearing a garter too tight and passed out from the heroin?"

"You and the trans stuff," her one (skinny) (slightly odd) (Latino) roomate was like to me from a bit away on the porch, as he sat out on this big armchair they had out, in a cowboy hat.

No comments: