Monday, October 10, 2022

Restaurant tidbits (1 of 5): Coworkers.

So, at the (Thai) restaurant where I now work, there's a married couple of two (younger) (Thai) professionals, one who's finishing his STEM degree at the local university, and the other who did a corporate graduate degree in the UK and is now just working and biding time until her husband finishes her degree and they can move back home and get "real jobs."

I asked her how they met, and she said at college back in (Thailand), and then I asked her if they were both from Bangkok, and she said that she was but he wasn't, he was from the country, and so I asked her what his parents did for a living.

"Our parents do the same thing," she was like, "But it's random, we didn't know that."

And, I asked her, and it turns out that both of their sets of parents completely randomly are durian farmers, and they met through friends at college and got married completely separately from that.

"Oh," I was like. "It almost makes me think that you met through some social group at college, for the children of durian farmers, and you met there and you fell in love."

No comments: