Thursday, October 20, 2022

Recent dreams (2 of 2): Alarm clock.

Like last month I dreamnt --

My alarm on my smartphone starts going off in the morning, so I get up out of bed and walk into my living room to get it on my table, only it's not there and it's still going off and it's still far away, so I walk over to my kitchen and look in my one drawer where I sometimes keep it, but it's not there and it's still going off and it's still far away, so I walk around to several other places and rummage around there, but somehow I can never find it, and somehow it's always going off and somehow it's always far away.

And then, I rouse up sufficiently to realize that all of that action was only going on in my dream and I've actually been lying in bed the whole time as my alarm is going off on the table where it usually is, and the reason that the alarm was always so far away from me in my dream, is that it was actually that same distance far away from me in real life, and my mind was importing that distance into my dream as I thought that I was walking around, as my mind tried to engage in my daily routine but my body was actually lying in bed the whole time.

Like, isn't that trippy as f*ck?

No comments: