Friday, October 21, 2022

Parental visit (1 of 3): Train station.

So, a number of weeks ago when I went to go meet my parents halfway between where they live and where I live now, I took the train in, and I met them in this mid-sized city that I haven't been to for like 6 or 7 years, but that I sometimes used to come into, back in the day.

And, it turns out that my parents stayed in their car with their doors locked and one window cracked in the parking lot of a nearby fast food restaurant, and my mother texted me as much, saying that they'd be there waiting for me, since they were afraid of the homeless.

And, I get in, and there's easily like 25 or 30 homeless people just loitering around everywhere around the station, and I'd never seen anything like that before in that city at all.

And, my mom says that several of them even came up and tapped on the window to ask for money, while they were waiting in the fast food parking lot.

No comments: