Wednesday, October 26, 2022

A recent table: Water, and noodles.

The other week I was waiting a table for this (older) (bearded) (white) guy with glasses and this (younger) (straight-haired) (slightly brown) (Asian) (college-age) woman (a professor and his advisee, or something like that?).

And, the guy was drinking a lot of water, so I was always coming back to the table to fill his glass back up.

"Thank you so much," he was like, after one of my trips there.

"No problem," I was like. "I'm always happy to facilitate hydration."

And, the (Asian) (college-age) woman laughed behind her hand, as she had when she and I were discussing something about the (Thai) restaurant's glass noodles and how good they were, and I had said something humorous to her about something or another, though I can't remember what, now.

No comments: