Friday, July 15, 2022

Two remembered anecdotes about a child being cute.

The other week I just remembered these anecdotes, from the last time I hung out with the family of my one (half Sudanese) (half British) friend (the sister of the brother-sister pair) --

I was playing a lot with blocks with their one 3 year old daughter, and after we had used all of them to make this big pile, her dad asked her what we had built.

"What did we build?", she asked me in a big whisper.

"I don't know," I was like, "What do you think it is?"

"Is it a church?", she was like.

"Yes, I think so," I was like. "That does look like a church to me."

"Okay," she was like.

"So tell him it's a church," I was like.

And, she turned to her dad and was like, "It's a church," using a normal voice.

"Loved that sidebar there," her dad was like.

Later, too, she was preparing desserts using her plastic foods and she offered me some plastic ice cream, so I helped her put them on a wagon and I told her that we were making a dessert cart that she could take to her parents.

So, she scooped up a big armful of nothing and said they were flowers for mommy, and then she went and got a plastic hamburger and put it on the dessert cart, "Because Daddy likes hamburgers."

No comments: