Tuesday, April 19, 2022

"The magic mall."

I'm starting to call the mall near me in the new college town that I live in, "the magic mall." Like, for years I've been looking for certain coats, and I not only found them this winter, but when I was up there the other day for an errand, I stopped by and found some spring jackets and rain coats that I'd been looking for for years, and they were not only a great fit and the right colors, but also all on sale!!! Like I say, it's "the magic mall." (Though, to be fair, their shorts and polos selection sucked, though that may be more a factor of this year's styles and colors, lots of weird patterns and also strange pastels and Easter egg tones.) I've been trying to figure out what the difference is with this particular mall; I mean, I've stopped by the same stores looking for the same coats in the city that I used to live in, and also the metro area where I used to go to visit family when they were alive. As far as I can figure, it's maybe the time of year that I was randomly there, or also that maybe there's less shoppers passing through there, so the good stuff doesn't go as fast as it does in a major metro area. In regards to that last point, my mother also said that the population shopping there might be even smaller than the area population, since college kids wouldn't go shopping there, but rather with their families whenever they were home.

No comments: