Saturday, April 30, 2022

A mystery I'll never find out.

On a side street a bit away from the park in the college town that I now live in, there's a small hut-like building that houses an arts organization, and then the other part of it seemed vacant, with old posters from several years ago advertising an evangelistic crusade featuring different travelling preachers, with the posters all in French and different (African) flags by the different preachers' names and pictures. And, I meant to look the flags up, thinking that I'd remember what they'd look like when I got home, but I never could, for some reason. And then, the next thing I know, the local sewing shop that was a few blocks away from me moved and took over that space, and all of those posters are gone. So now, I'll just never know, though I am pretty sure that one *might* have been the flag of a country that gave rise to a pretty large (African) immigrant population here, from what I can tell from a(n African) foodstore here and the country-of-origin of several workers at the new healthcare village that I work at.

No comments: