Tuesday, March 1, 2022

Squirrel madness.

Like a few weeks ago, I wake up and look out my window, and there's a medium-size white bag of trash strewn across my neighbor's porch with stuff spilling out, including a used paper plate that was dirty from take-out pizza that had blown like five or six feet over towards my back-alley cottage. And, I simply couldn't believe that the squirrels had dragged that all the way in from the alley, especially since the yard was covered with crusty snow, apart from a small path that I had shovelled in it. That night after class, then, I was just about to go outside and start cleaning it up, when I see my neighbor get home and go to do that, so I head out and go to talk to them. "Oh you don't have to do that for me," they were like, after talking for a while about how crazy the squirrels were around here. "It's my trash, that's not your responsibility." And, they then explained that they had never actually taken their trash out to the alley, but without thinking had set it outside on their porch for the night so it wouldn't stink up their house, but they had forgotten about the squirrels, and so they woke up to the mess but had to get to work.

No comments: