Wednesday, March 23, 2022

Research conceit (2 of 2): Bigger plaque.

So, with my one ancient language research, I think that every researcher ever f*cked up this kind of major thing about how the writing system worked from a very early stage, and that that basic misunderstanding led to all of these crazy theories to explain away different stuff linguistically that actually doesn't really exist, since the different word forms people are trying to explain away with the crazy theories are actually misinterpretations of the writing system, and once you understand that, the forms become relatively more normal and a lot more unproblematic.

Though, right now this is just a hunch, and I'm acquiring the volumes of texts that I need to read through intensively over the next 1-2 years, to try to figure out exactly exactly what is happening with the writing system, since my hunch also is that this one little quirk produced like 2-3 other writing system quirks that all got collectively misinterpreted in scholarship over like the past 200 years.

Anyhow, if this pans out, I don't care how much it costs, but I'm going to get a big f*cking imitation metal plaque like they do for academic historic sites like they do for the science ones with engineering and nuclear power and different shit like that all over the big state campus near me, and I'm going to write up my discovery and cement that f*cker in on the back alley near my cottage without even telling my landlord what I'm doing, so it's just there as some local landmark that people will notice whenever they walk by using the alley.

I mean, if I'm right, by then I'll have done the work, so I might as well get some recognition for it, even if I have to do it myself.

No comments: