Thursday, February 17, 2022

Squirrel antics (2 of 2): Fencetop pathway.

That same day when I was in my kitchen and looking out a window on the other side of my house, something moving caught my eye, and I saw that it was a squirrel kind of nimbly moving across the top of the chain link fence that goes right by my house and keeps it from the yard of the house on the other side of it next door. And, as I looked closer, I saw that in places where there were these low snow-covered branches laying across the top of the fence, there was actually snow knocked off in little places right across where the fence ran underneath, since the squirrels had plowed the snow off by running across everything in a line and so kind of kept that little part of the branch clear, too, the rest of the snow arching up a bit on the branch on either side, making it almost like a miniature U or something like that.

No comments: