Monday, February 14, 2022

Healthcare class classmates (1 of 4): Young auto repair guy.

In my one healthcare class that I'm taking, one of my classmates is a (young) (shorter) (rather round) (medium-to-lighter skinned) (black) guy who used to work in auto repair, but who now works in eldercare and is looking to get a leg up into a better position. The other day while we were waiting in line to demonstrate a skill that we'd learned and get signed off on by the instructor for our state certification, he was talking to me and one other classmate about where he had been working in this one nearby rural area and was like, "And I've been a cook, and they liked that, because I cook real good, but this" - and at that he pointed to his arm, kind of near his one tattoo - "THIS has been a problem." And at first I was thinking to myself, "They don't like tattoos there?", but then he said it was a problem when he switched to housekeeping since some residents wouldn't let him go into their rooms, and it was a problem when he switched to laundry since some didn't want him touching their clean stuff. "I can't help it how people was raised," he was like, "So it's like, whatever."

No comments: