Wednesday, December 1, 2021

A dream of something wrong: Bicycle and bus.

The other week about a month or so ago I dreamnt:

I'm bicycling by this early springtime town square that's in the northeast, and it's growing dark and I'm growing tired and I think I should hop on a bus soon and put my bike up front and use that to go home, and all of a sudden I see there's a bus a bit ahead and stopped at a bus stop, but as I try to speed towards it, the light changes and it takes off, and it does this several times along the last bit of road headed into the town square and along two sides of the town square, and then finally on this long road heading out of town. There, I finally think I'm about to catch it, on this stretch that borders a big hill coming down, at a time of day where it feels like early afternoon though I had not noticed any change in time, but then it shoots ahead and goes up a dogleg that starts to go up the hill, and I know that I've finally lost it for good.

And then, I wake up.

. . .

No comments: