Thursday, October 28, 2021

A day at the resthome:

1) The (seems very young) (Filipina) caretaker of a(n older) and (incapacitated) resident was decorating the entrance to her room for her birthday, taping a sign with a joke about old age on her door (something like "Age isn't anything but a number, too bad yours is SOOOO big!"), and around the top of her door hanging these special birthday lights that were individual letters spelling out G – E – T – L – I – T – G – E – T – L – I – T.

2)      After I brought up a package for her, the one (older) resident who loves purple called me in and had me open up a box of Lotus Biscoff cookies and gave me a little sleeve of cookies from it, since her daughter had just brought her a lot, since she likes them and they used to be her husband’s favorite; a long time ago she had given me one dipped in chocolate from a Tupperware in her fridge, which was okay, but these were different, and I liked them plain, but I *loved* them dipped in my strong dark coffee, the next day when I was at home and I had some in the morning waking up over my coffee.

No comments: