Tuesday, August 31, 2021

Incredible behavior of a resthome coworker.

At the resthome, it's interesting how other coworkers think I'm odd because I don't run myself ragged to work a lot of hour at low wages.

"I don't want money," I'm always like, "I want time."

And, I explain that I have enough to live on, so I'd rather have time off.

Then, the other week me and my one (Tibetan) coworker who was born in Nepal were talking about money and the pandemic, and how there was extra hours, hazard pay, and then multiple federal stimulus checks, not to mention how there's now a local minimum wage increase and an increase to Affordable Care Act subsidies.

"It's nice," I was like, "I saved a lot and I can take more time off."

"I gave money to charity," she was like.

"I did too," I was like, and I said that I gave money to foodbanks and for the homeless and stuff, since I was concerned about that growing problem.

And, she said that she sent like one or two thousand dollars back to Nepal, to help people who didn't have enough food and also street dogs who all of a sudden weren't getting enough to eat because people don't have any food to give them.

"Dogs and monkeys," she was like, "They're going hungry too."

No comments: